Mutton Chinioti Handi Recipe
Mutton Chinioti Handi is a creamy dish prepared by steamed mutton in spices with additional flavor of butter and cream.
- 1/2 kg Mutton cubes
- 2 medium Onion chopped
- 2.5 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder or up to taste
- 1.5 tsp Salt or up to taste
- 1.5 tbsp Roasted and crushed Cumin seeds bhuna or pissa hua zeera
- 1.5 tbsp Roasted and crushed Coriander Seeds bhuna or pissa hua dhania
- 3 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 2-3 Green chilies
- 2 tbsp Green Coriander Leaves dhania
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1/2 glass Water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil / Banaspati Ghee or Olive Oil
In a deep pan, heat oil and add onions, fry until brown. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes form into paste.
Now add ginger garlic paste along with salt and mutton. Add water, and cover the dish and simmer until mutton is well cooked in steam.
Once the oil has layered over the top, add red chili powder along with crushed cumin and coriander seeds. Cook well.
Now add butter and cream and mix well. Cook for 5 more minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves and green chillies on top
You can serve with Mint Yogurt Sauce | Podina Chatni
You may also like: Chicken Chinioti Handi